Monday, July 16, 2007

Touch me in my sacred spot

Touch me in my sacred spot...
Touch me where others cannot… tease me in that place where I become light headed and confused… stimulate me where others have not yet been able to… make love to my mind. Show me this world of ecstasy and I will show you a world of uncharted waters.
How often do you hear a person say they can take you there… but they don’t have a map or a clue? How often do you hear a person boast that they know what women / or men want… but the don’t know what they want themselves?
Impress me with your mind; caress my soul with yours; tell me you love me without speaking a word.
Mental Stimulation is much more than just the way to my heart, respect, and unconditional friendship.
Mental stimulation keeps our minds sharp and agile. In young children it helps stimulate mental growth and in the elderly is has been known to keep Alzheimer’s away. So if it is used in young children and then once again in elders, why is it that somewhere in between it is neglected in most people? Are testosterones and estrogens (sexual hormones) that powerful that they somehow take over a supple amount of the mind?
The art of asking and answering questions is a key factor to mental stimulation. Believe it or not, not everyone has the ability to do so. Being able to answer a question intellectualy is a gift. Have you ever heard a person say that is a stupid question? Well, that is a stupid statement. There are plenty of “stupid” questions asked daily. I even ask some stupid questions from time to time… for instance, why do the socks in Wal-mart come in a re-sealable bag? Will they go bad in 10 days if you don’t keep them air tight? Do they expect people to maybe reuse the bags for sandwiches? See, it appears to be a stupid question for the fact that the answer makes no difference, but the question makes us think of possible answers and additional questions, thus forcing us to think… therefore, stimulating our minds. If a man were to approach a group of people, myself included, and ask that same question, the majority of the group would laugh it off or just ignore him. Me, on the other hand, might joke about it at first, yet be impressed that he is using his mind in such a way that he is asking “why” even if the answer or reason does not affect himself in anyway.
Getting back to where I began… a question was asked to me… “What do I get out of bed for / what am I thankful for?” Being that I am on a new chapter in my book of life… I get out of bed for many reasons. Of course first and foremost, to see my son. To look outside in the early morning and catch a glimpse at the sun rising. To look up into the heavens and thank GOD he gave me another day to enjoy this earth. That I can speak to my son’s father and he can speak to me without using words and continue to feel his unspoken love. That I have a job that I do not dread coming to each morning. That I have my parents here with me to support my decisions good or bad. That I have the ability to make changes in my life if needed. That I have a circle of friends who also act as my support group. There is not even enough time in the day, days in the week, weeks in a month, or months in a year to find the time to be able to finish this list.
Step outside sometime today, and open your eyes to the world around you. Look at mother nature, and thank her for her beauty. We are living, we are alive, and so is the world around us… let us all appreciate this gift.

No comments: