Monday, July 16, 2007

Life through my eyes...

From the time I began kindergarten, and even still now as a young adult… I have heard people say, “Life is and always will be what we make of it.” I never quite put any thought into it, until now. I know it is only 4 days into the new year, but it has been a great 4 days. I am looking at my life so differently now… I am happy. It use to be that only Isaac could make me happy… now I am happy because I am here, with all these amazing blessings around me. I feel as if I just work up from a 5-year sleep. My stress lifted off of me with the start of the New Year and I plan to keep it away. After all, there is nothing a little rest & relaxation can’t cure. I have a feeling of confidence within me… it’s a great feeling.
Want to know what is even a better feeling? The feeling that your family provides to you… it is so many things all bunched together in one great feeling. While it does provide the feeling of confidence, it also provides the feeling of belonging, love, respect and so much more. A person does not have to be born into or married into your life to be considered family. Sometimes a good friend can become great family. I am grateful for the family I have… the family I was born to, as well as the family that grew into my life.
I feel kind of “fruitish” being all sentimental, but this is how I feel right now. I wonder how long this will last? Oh, well… I’m going to enjoy it while I can.
On another positive note… I taught my son how to use variable numbers in math and how a number to the 2nd exponent works. He is only 7 and in 2nd grade and is doing work out of my pre-algebra book… let us all remember that usually isn’t taught until middle school. He loves math, he asked me last night if I can teach him a different type of math each night… I’m sorry to have to tell him this but I can only do this for a few more weeks… MOMMY ISN’T TOO GOOD AT MATH!
I’m just so proud of my lil’ man… he is really growing up into a fine young man. He is so caring, thoughtful and full of love. He is special… more than just a blessing, he is a godsend. He is beginning to look so much like his father. I find myself staring at him in amazement almost everyday to think how much he has grown into him.
I have not yet gotten over the loss, it is something I just cannot make myself accept, but I am on my way to dealing with it better. He is someone I will never forget, and never want to forget... he is more to me than being the father of my child, he is a part of me. But, I do want to get to the point where I do not break down at the very thought of him being gone. I miss him so much... I am grateful for the bond he and I continue to share. My son's father taught me a lot about life, a lot about myself and even more about being a strong parent. He provides me with a sense of being... a sense of strength. Last night, when I felt alone... he gave me the feeling of comfort.
Love is patient, love is kind... love is ever-lasting. I do not believe in "until death do us part," because not even death could seperate us. I love you Meek.

No comments: