Monday, July 16, 2007

Love is...

Love is an unbelievably strong force… so strong that it cannot be controlled. When your heart wants to love… you have no control. It’s just the way it is. I said plenty of times I wouldn’t love again. And for a longtime, I stood true to that. But then the ole’ ticker went soft on me… and as he came in, my love poured out. Strange as it may be to me still, I do not fully understand this emotion. But it feels great… and I have no complaints. Scared? Of course… who wouldn’t be having gone through what I have. But with this unexplained trust, I continue forward.
I said in a much earlier blog, that real love couldn’t be replaced. I stand true to that. I have learned that real love does not try to replace another love… it works together as one. A man must truly love and respect me to offer that to me. And for that gift, I am grateful and I thank you.
Love makes me feel like you are only in the other room, when you are really a million miles away. Love puts pep in my step, and a smile on my face. I welcome it with my arms open. Whether this love last for a season, or hopefully an eternity, I am forever blessed for having the opportunity to experience it. Have you loved today?

No comments: